Work Permits  
 Work permit requirements and qualifications differ depending on the nature of the work. The main two distinctions are self-employed (entrepreneur profession libérale) and salaried employee (salarié). 
 Student Visa 
A student visa (VLS-TS "étudiant") is required for any non-European wishing to register at a university, an exchange programme, or a language learning course for more than 90 days. 
 Talent Visa 
A talent visa (passeport talent) allows you to live and work in France for up to 4 years. This visa is given to individuals that will use their talents to make a signification contribution to the development of French economy, as well as its culture, science or sports, directly or indirectly. 
 Family Visa 
The family visa (Vie Privée et Familiale) is given to individuals related to a French citizen by marriage, PACs, or blood.  
After five consecutive years in France, you are eligible to apply for French citizenship. This process is long and tedious, yet very rewarding.  
 French Career and Education Preparation 
When applying for employment or education in France, with hopes of staying long term or hopes of visa sponsorship, there are some important factors to be considered.